Throne of the Universe Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What do you think?
by Spartan Wed 23 Mar 2011 - 16:08

» Aerial Excavation
by Spartan Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 17:34

» Inventory
by Funkballs Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 0:30

» Mind Over Matter
by Funkballs Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 0:25

» Belly of the Beast
by Funkballs Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 0:25

Aerial Excavation

4 posters

Go down

Aerial Excavation Empty Aerial Excavation

Post  Funkballs Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 0:31

The access hatch swings closed and the elevator from the stomach heads up past several possible stops leading to the heart and lungs and finally comes to a halt at the floor marked "CCU."

The door swings open and Erevan and Zexion step out into the Command Center where Hrothgar and Spartan are hard at work pushing buttons and generally screwing around with stuff.
Funkballs
Funkballs
DM
DM

http://throneoftheuniverse.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Aerial Excavation Empty Re: Aerial Excavation

Post  Spartan Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 12:38

Not noticing the new arivals "Hrothgar, we may have a problem. this beast is ment to have a skeloton crew right? how do we know their not on board?"

Spoting the new arrivals "oh, hey there. nice of you to join us. aslong as youve finished fighting amoust yoursevles take a read of the first couple of pages of this and take up a station"

I throw the user manual across the room to zexion, shut and lock the door we came through and say "hrothgar, can u disable the elevator?"
Spartan
Spartan
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexion Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 22:44

We found what looks like a map during our fight down there.

*shows the 'map'*

No clue where they mean or what the Xs and Vs are.

Dungeoneering check, anyone? Or whatever skill is for knowing maps...
Zexion
Zexion

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkballs Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 2:59

Yeah, dungeoneering's a good choice for this map. Sometimes a history check could help but there's not so much history behind this map.

If you decide to try to control J3551K4, there are nine different stations and only 4 of you, 5 if you count the guy outside. Each of you can choose a station to use but any unmanned stations will not work. If you want to switch stations it'll take some time for you to disengage the systems, switch to another station and familiarize yourself with the new station.

eg. if Auditory is manned but Optical isn't you can still navigate by sonar but wont be able to see anything. If Flight is unmanned you can still walk using the command station but wont be able to fly etc.

Additionally the creature is semi-sentient, meaning it has a personality but isn't very intelligent. A nature check can be used to communicate with it through the command station. It doesn't speak any languages but can express emotions and feelings.
Funkballs
Funkballs
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothgar Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 3:02

I try to communicate with the creature, sending it peaceful, "please don't kill us" kind of thoughts.

nature check + 6
Hrothgar
Hrothgar

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkballs Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 3:02

The member 'Hrothgar' has done the following action : Nature Check

'D20' :
Aerial Excavation D20a10
Result : 14 + 6 = 20
Funkballs
Funkballs
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkballs Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 3:11

J3551K4 is asleep, dreaming about flying through the air, high above the clouds, chasing several black ravens. The ravens are swooping madly trying to avoid her but she is too nimble for them. She catches one and swallows it with satisfaction.

You get the impression she is bored. She longs to be outside and able to fly but has been couped up in this dungeon for some time. She is satiated and doesn't feel hungry. When she wakes up she will have a slight headache. She is unaware of your presence and doesn't think anyone has been inside her besides the food she's been fed since "That Time..."
Funkballs
Funkballs
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 12:11

if we can man enough stations to get this beast out of here, we could use him in later quests.

Personally i think we should man the arms(incase of attack), tail(for digging our way out), optical and command. Hrothgar can stay on command as he has familarised himself with the controls. i'll take the left eye.
Choose a station.
Spartan
Spartan
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexion Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 12:20

Erevan, stop reading that book and do something useful

*snatches his book and moves to the Auditory station, putting on the headset*

I'll tell you if I hear anything.
Zexion
Zexion

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 12:30

"ok, lets see what we can see." I open the eye.
Spartan
Spartan
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexion Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 13:03

*Hearing that, I tell him*

"The cave is probably dark, what do you expect to see?"

Don't my health increase for natural healing?
Zexion
Zexion

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkballs Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 20:34

The cavern is quite well lit. It is made of rough stoney earth. You can hear the beating of wings echoing through the cave. Vallo flies past circling the beast, apparently looking for a weakness or an opening of some sort. To communicate with him somebody will need to be controlling the mouth.

On the ground is a large metal plaque that reads "4181"

There are two exits besides the feeding tube, one is a tunnel marked with a sign that reads "0034" the other is marked by a sign that reads "2584"

The room tilts and sways violently as J3551K4 wakes up from the light in her eye and shakes her head sleepily. The whole place shakes when she opens her mouth to yawn.
Funkballs
Funkballs
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 21:38

hey, vallos outside floating around, someone man the jaw, we need to communicate with him
Spartan
Spartan
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexion Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 23:05

Hroth, you get the voice, Erevan is daydreaming again.
Zexion
Zexion

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 23:08

"shall i wake him up?" Spartan says as he looks over at zexion with an evil grin on his face. "my fists could use the company"
Spartan
Spartan
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexion Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 23:25

Maybe later, Spartan, keep the eyes on Vallos outside.

Actually, Spartan, take control of the jaws, I try to make contact with Vallos.
Zexion
Zexion

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 12:28

i get up from the left eye station and sit at the jaw station. "Give me a minute to figure these controls"
Spartan
Spartan
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkballs Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 19:16

The optical station goes dead and you are blind. Zexion is still able to sound out the size and shape of the room and Vallo's location using sonar from the Auditory station. After some time Spartan is able to gain control of the jaws and tongue enabling him to communicate with the outside world.

Hrothgar must stay in the command station to soothe the Wyvern's personality and keep the other stations active.

J31551K4 is pretty confused but also vaguely excited by the new voice in her head. Things have been growing pretty stagnant since "That Time" and the chance to do something different and interesting intrigues her.
Funkballs
Funkballs
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexion Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 22:49

I wonder if it would be wise to try to speak to Vallos through the beast... I'll do it anyway.

Vallo, can you hear me?
Zexion
Zexion

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkballs Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 23:39

The gargantuan winged lizard opens it's huge toothey maw and says in a deep, gruff serpentine voice forged in the black fires of darkest hell.

"Vallo... Can you hear me?"
Funkballs
Funkballs
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 17:34

Can Spartan take this chance to pray to teleportinis. As this is a form of vehicle
Spartan
Spartan
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum